Monday, October 10, 2022

Visit to Leopold Chapter 3


 


On Saturday, July 2, 2022, I went to the small town of Leopold, Indiana. The Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation is part of the parish of St. Agustine there. Today I will describe my visit. Tomorrow, the Good Lord willing, I will post about the history of the Shrine. 

Outside there was a sign that said:

St. Agustine Catholic Church

Our Lady of Consolation Shrine

There was a marble statue of Our Lady of Consolation outside.

Inside was a statue of Our Lady of Consolation. It was made to look like Our Lady of Consolation, Consolatrix Afflictorum, that is in Luxembourg. 

I talked to nice fellow named Cletus. He was 87 and had been a member there all his life. He was able to tell me a few things about the parish and the shrine. The pastor lives right across the street and was expected to come over soon, but I never met him. I spent a couple of hours there. Lit a candle in front of the statue inside. Said some prayers. Cletus let me go up into the choir loft. It was quite an experience to finally see, in person and up close, a copy of the statue that my tiny statue was modeled after. The history of the shrine and the statue in Leopold was written out and there were extra sheets near the statue. I took one. Just 8 1/2 by 11 typed double side. The day I visited the statue was dressed as in the picture above. The pictures and video I took have a lot of reflections from the protective case around the statue. The above picture was taken from the Shrine's Facebook page. The case is open so no reflections. Here is some video of my visit. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and index

Since this blog puts the last post on top, I have decided to make the last post a welcome and an index.  Welcome to this blog about Our Lady...