Thursday, November 10, 2022

Our Lady of Einsiedeln Rosary Chapter 31

 Back in Chapter 2 of this blog, I mentioned that a rosary with Our Lady of Einsiedeln on the center had caused me to wonder if my tiny statue was Our Lady of Einsiedeln. That led me to ask a monk at St. Meinrad about it. He told me about Our Lady of Consolation. I believe that God placed this rosary in my hands so that I could eventually learn about Our Lady of Consolation. This is my everyday rosary. Here is a picture of that rosary:



The center piece is Our Lady of Einsiedeln. She has a mantel and a scepter and a crown. She is holding Jesus who also has a mantel and a crown. There is a statue of Our Lady of Einsiedeln at St. Meinrad Archabbey in Indiana. Sometimes they do not have that statue dressed in a mantel. Here is a picture I took at St. Meinrad in 2012. No mantel. That explains why I did not make any connection at that time between this statue and my little statue. On my next visit the statue had a mantel. 


Our Lady of Einsiedeln is known as a Black Madonna. The crucifix on my rosary is the same style that Saint Pope John Paul II was known to carry. Below the centerpiece is a St. Benedict Medal that I added. The background is a small cloth bag with a drawstring that holds my rosary. At the top of the picture is a pin that is attached to the bag. It is a membership pin to the Rosary Confraternity. You can be a member without this pin, it is totally optional. I was a member for nearly 20 years before I bought this pin from the Eastern Province Dominicans. I had joined through the Western Province in 2001. I live in the Midwest Province. You don't have to contact your region to join. Any of them can enroll you. The pin is a Dominican cross and shield and the round center is Our Lady of the Rosary. Around the center is written "Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Pray for Us."

Here is a video that shows the statue at St. Meinrad both with and without a mantel. There are various mantels that can be put on the statue. You can see the statue from 3:20 to 3:38 in the video. 



Below is an image of Our Lady of Einsiedeln. It has been attributed to either Johann Werl in the 17th century or Johann Woerle in the 18th century.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and index

Since this blog puts the last post on top, I have decided to make the last post a welcome and an index.  Welcome to this blog about Our Lady...